I currently do all kinds of dumb things in my bed, college-kid style. Things like:
- Eat my breakfast (every day)
- Eat my dinner (sometimes. shame, shame)
- Lose track of time playing Gems with Friends
- Watch instant Netflix, esp. Freaks and Geeks
- Read (responsible answer)
- Act stupid with the cat.
- Remember, with startling embarrassment, the people I forgot to call back at work
- Organize my earring drawer
- Cut out magazine pictures of clothes and haircuts that I want
- Talk on the phone
- Paint my nails
- Panic about deadlines
- Panic about everything that has disappointed me, especially at dark lonely hours when I should be sleeping.
Now it's Monday morning and the cat and I have already resumed our bad daily habit of taking breakfast in bed.
But surely our sweet morning ritual isn't contributing to anything negative.
We'll see. This is the first five-day week of the new year, and I'm setting out to take some drastic measures to increase my happiness.
Wish me luck.