Monday, January 7, 2013

Bedtime all the time

On Friday, my doctor told me to change my sleep ritual. One of the things I should do is use my bed only for sleep.

I currently do all kinds of dumb things in my bed, college-kid style. Things like:
  • Eat my breakfast (every day)
  • Eat my dinner (sometimes. shame, shame)
  • Work
  • Lose track of time playing Gems with Friends
  • Watch instant Netflix, esp. Freaks and Geeks
  • Read  (responsible answer) 
  • Act stupid with the cat.
  • '
  • Remember, with startling embarrassment, the people I forgot to call back at work
  • Organize my earring drawer
  • Cut out magazine pictures of clothes and haircuts that I want 
  • Talk on the phone
  • Paint my nails
  • Panic about deadlines
  • Panic about everything that has disappointed me, especially at dark lonely hours when I should be sleeping.
Now it's Monday morning and the cat and I have already resumed our bad daily habit of taking breakfast in bed.


But surely our sweet morning ritual isn't contributing to anything negative. 

We'll see. This is the first five-day week of the new year, and I'm setting out to take some drastic measures to increase my happiness. 

Wish me luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment