2. I still remember sharing one rotary phone with everyone in my house. You had to stand next to the wall, attached by a cord, to talk on it. If you were upstairs when your phone rang, you had to run downstairs really fast. If you missed the call, there was no way to know who'd been trying to reach you. You might literally never find out.
|We had this phone.|
4. I have owned a pager.
5. I once said I'd never own a cell phone, because I "just didn't need one."
6. All of the celebrities I think are cool are old people.
|Is that Eddie Vedder, or someone's cheesy dad? Oh wait it's both.|
7. When my husband and I hear new rock songs on the radio, we exclaim, "This isn't rock music!" We shake our heads and feel disgusted.
8. I found myself "resting my eyes" at a concert last night. 😁
9. When anyone in my first grade class had a birthday, our teacher made the birthday kid go to the front of the room, where she paddled the kid one time for each year he or she had been alive.
My teacher did not get fired for this.
It was a different time.
10. After my dog passed away, I was so upset all the time, I got a wrinkle between my eyes and it never went away.
11. I hate my chair at work because it lacks lumbar support.
12. I am about to take out a loan to buy a shit-ton of windows. I am excited about this.
13. Some of the smartest people at my job are younger than me.
14. My proximity to a rest room is a real concern I have to plan around. I just can't hold it all day anymore.
15. I am still sensitive, but I don't really care what you think of me anymore.
So at least there's that.